ELCTRICITY MYTH AND FACT

Myths & Facts of Electricity

Electricity Myths Can be a Killer

There are lots of juicy myths on various subjects like earthquake, eclipse, etc. in almost every nations; but fact is that electricity myths are not jukes or fun, just a little mistake can cause of severe electrical shock, burn or even death!!
If you don’t sure or without advice from electrician, do not believe any myth on electricity. To know the fact contact your nearest electricity utility company or any electrical professional or electrician.
Our post on electricity myth and fact may not be juicy or folky but  will give you some important information that will help to use safe electricity as well as save your electricity.

Myths and Facts on Electrical Safety

Myth: Power lines are insulated, no chance to shock.                               
Fact: Most of the powerlines are not insulated and insulated powerlines also can lost their insulation any time very easily.
Myth:This line is safe because it is not high voltage line.
Fact: Actually high voltage is not required to kill anyone, ampere flowing through the body is enough to kill. Our house using about 100 ampere where 1 ampere shock is enough to fatal hart irregularities.
Myth: Birds landing on electric wires, so wires are safe to touch.
Fact: No, Birds touching only live wire and not touching any ground path to complete the circuit, that’s way birds are not electrifying.
Myth: Fallen conductor is shut off, no electricity presence.
Fact: Not true always, if it is fallen on poor conductive materials like dry earth  or grasses, bitumen etc.
Myth: Live conductor make sparks; so no spark fallen wire is safe.
Fact: Actually sparks happen where there is loos contact, with firm contact sparks not happen.
Myth: As the ladder is not metalic, so it can rest on live electric line.
Fact: No, If you don’t know the material property and hazard risk level, don’t use ladder rest on powerline.
Myth: Bamboo and wood are not conductor.
Fact: Actually dry bamboo and wood are poor conductor, but witty or green bamboo and wood are conductive that may cause sever shock.
Myth: Rubber is insulator, so rubber gloves and shoes are safe to touch electricity.
Fact: Only 100% pure rubber or especially electrical insulation type rubber is good insulator, otherwise typically mixed materials used rubber gloves or shoes are not good insulator.
Myth: Trimming tree and touching on electric line for a short moment of time is not dangerous.
Fact: No, never do this. Call the nearest power utility department.
Myth: Digging a sallow/ few deep in ground, no chance to reach to underground cable.
Fact: Underground cable may be in upper layer than you are thinking, take advice from professional.
Myth: Electric shock be come only for touching the live wire, closed to it is not danger.
Fact: Closed to high voltage live line is as danger as touching. Current can jump or arc. Keep safe distance from electric line always, at least 3 meters.

Myths and Facts on Electric Bill

Myth: It takes more energy to turn on the switch for light bulb or fan, so better to keep it on to save the electricity bill.
Fact: No! there are no extra electricity used for switch ON/OFF. Turning the light/fan off saves the electricity consumes. Appliances consume small amount of energy while on standby mode, better to unplug/switch off.
Myth: Keep the AC running whole day in high setting is better than to run at end of the day while room is heated, this way saves energy.
Fact: Not a wise decision, cooling hot room down takes less energy than running the AC whole day in any setting.
Myth: Same device takes more energy at 240V system than 110V system.
Fact: No, energy measured by unit in watts which comes from multiplication of voltage and current. In electrical system power/watt salways same, if voltage increase the current decreases proportionally and vise-versa. So, wattages remain same and so the cost.
Myth: Faulty wiring is cause of pay more electric bill than that used.
Fact: Yes, if wiring system is with small leakage that will not lead your line shut off, but some leakage current always passes out from the circuit even all the switch off , that you not used but counted on energy meter for billing at end of the month.
Myth: Mis-wiring or used undersized wire causes more electric bill.
Fact: Yes, using undersized cable in house wiring is cause to pay more electric bill than that used. If the cable/wire size is not enough to carry the current safely, wire be come heated and extra electrical energy uses as dissipated heat energy is cause of extra electric bill.earthquike

Electricity Kite

Franklin wrote an article for the Pennsylvania Gazette in 1752, article tried to proof theoretically the existence of electricity. Franklin choose a cloudy and stormy day to do his experiment, flying a kite to reach near to lightning. Franklin kite was silken, complete with lightning road, a Taweejkey sagging on the end of string. When lighting struck the Franklin kite volt travel through the string and charged the metal key. Franklin touching the key got shock and proved the existence of electricity.
Last Line: Enjoy the myths but remember the fact before come near to electricity.
Storm cloudLightningUmbrellaSunLight bulbSurprised smile

Comments

  1. People claim Edision invented the electricity, but electricity exists in nature from billion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Delta Starter Line Diagram and Its Working Principle

ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION BOARD DB WIRING

SURGE ARRESTERS SPECIFICATION FOR 132 KV & 33 KV LINE

EARTH ELECTRODE RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT

CURRENT TRANSFORMERS –CT USING

MCB: MINIATURE CIRCUIT BREAKER OPERATION BASIC

ভুমিকম্পের কল্প কথা

Why Purge System Is Required For Refrigerant and How Does It Operate in Chiller Compressor

G M Food (জি.এম. ফুড)

wazipoint

DMCA protected

The content is copyright protected to wazipoint and may not be reproduced on other websites.