Switching and Earthing Operating Procedure
The keywords of this article are Switching & Earthing; we are not going to learning about technical details about switching and earthing procedure in this piece, but we would like to keep in limit our focus on the key points to safe operation of switching & earthing system.
How keep your switching system safe and healthy in electrical energy transmission and distribution network? Let’s review some important points that will keep you smarter switching operator.
Circuit Breakers and Isolators Operation
1. Don’t allow switching or any operation in a system without clear permission of the controlling authority except an emergency case for personnel or property;
2. System control authority should directly communicate with authorized person who will operate the switching;
3. If direct contact is not possible for controlling authorities, the message may be relayed by third party with written down without any alteration or abbreviation;
4. If switching or operating message send by any wireless devices then receiver will write the message and readout to the sender to ensure that it has been received accurately;
5. The circuit Breakers or Isolators operator should carry on the message from control authorities without delay regarding switching or operation;
6. If emergency switching is required to save the life or property, the report must be relayed to control authority as soon as possible;
7. If any fault is visible to any equipment, operator must inform to controlling authority immediately before operation or switching;
8. Very details switching and operation record must maintain in a station Log.
The earthing switch is very much related to switching or operating the circuit breakers and isolators. To ensure life and property isolator and earthing switch must be operate safely.
Circuit Main Earth or CME Operation
The Circuit Main Earth or CME must be operated under supervision of authorized senior’s and after clear instruction from the controlling authorities. The position of the earthing and location of each connection must be recorded in station Log.
If you have many more idea about switching and earthing operations, you can share in comments space. If you think others should know this for safe work, please don’t forget to hit the like or share button below.