Our garbage management is not good enough in Dhaka city. Garbage stoked here and there, even on main road.
Authority should take necessary action to ensure pollution free environment for citizens.
Citizens should be more responsive to keep the surrounding honourable for others.
Keep clean and go a beautified city.
|Dustbin on open place in Dhaka City|
Functions of Dhaka North City Corporation Waste Management Department is as Below:
- Street sweeping: All kinds of road sweeping inside the ward boundary.
- Removing illegal banner festoon (which are not approved by WMD)
- Giving permission of PCSP (Primary Collection Service Provider)/ door to door waste collection from household /Van services.
- Collect solid waste from domestic, business, hospital, street, public toilets and drains.
- Provide dustbins and other receptacles for accumulating the waste.
- DNCC cleaners clean the roads, drains and sewerage lines.
- Collection and transportation of medical waste.
- Development of hospital waste landfill
- Arrange community meeting for promoting community base solid waste management
- Development of sanitary landfill
- DNCC started community based waste management activities in collaboration with JICA
- Manage the private solid waste management and NGO based solid waste management